|Medium||painting, photography, sculpture, mixed-media|
How to Apply
A Juried Exhibition 09.18.2021
9th Street Studios,
Wichita Falls, TX
Humble, ordinary items can become sacred artifacts when they are imbued with personal sentiment. The juried art show, “Memento: Art that Reminds Us” seeks to explore the objects that encapsulate a specific moment in our personal stories, and our attachment to those memories. All media will be accepted so long as it can be mounted to a wall. Maximum size in any direction is 48” and cannot exceed 25 lbs.
9th Street Studios strives to create events that mutually benefit the Artists, the Patrons and the Community. What we are offering the selected 2021 Artists:
- Inclusion in an exhibition during 9th Street Studios’ most visible time of year
- Private artists dinner before the reception
- Digital copies of the show announcement for promotion to friends and patrons, featuring the complete artists list, as well as digital photos of their work installed in the gallery.
- Inclusion in the digital exhibition to be archived on the 9th Street Studios website.
- Chance to win cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ($250, $200, $150.)
- Opportunity for sales in a new market over an 8 week period (30% gallery fee).
- Featured artists who attend the reception will be entered into drawings for additional prizes (cash and gift cards)
- Artists whose work is not selected for the exhibition will have entry fees waved for the 2022 juried exhibition.
Cost: $30 for up to 3 submissions
Exhibition Opening: September 18. 2021
Submission Deadline: July 16. 2021
Eligible artists: no restriction on discipline, age or proximity to gallery
Media: Any media, so long as it can be mounted to a wall. Maximum size in any direction is 48” and cannot exceed 25 lbs.